While I was looking online for a bridesmaid dress to wear to my sister-in-laws wedding, I couldn't help but feel sorry for myself. I have had a hard time coming to grips with my new mom body.. and then I came across a link to Stephanie Nielson's blog and this video. She was in an airplane crash and over 80% of her body was burned. She is such an inspiration! I couldn't help but cry as I realized how minuscule my stretch marks and few extra pounds are. And how worth it Sawyer is. I am a mom and the Lord has blessed me with a beautiful, healthy baby boy.
Stephanie's body may look different than it used to, but there is no doubt that she is still beautiful! And I guess that's how I should feel about myself too! Tonight, I feel humbled.
With Love,
Haley
No comments:
Post a Comment