Anyway, we spent Christmas Eve at Grandma Betty's house and that was so much fun! Austin's cousins, Jeannette and Melissa just had babies so Sawyer got to be around some tiny cousins. It felt like having a baby on your lap was the new accessory! We even borrowed each others babies for a little while.
Grandma Betty always puts so much work into the family dinners. They always turn out so nice and something I always look forward to!
![]() |
| 4 generations! How awesome is that?! |
Austin got a new wallet and some turtlebeach headphones for his xbox. He also got some games and a mustache mug! I got a new purse, Just Dance 4, and a KitchenAide mixer!! We are so blessed to be able to give each other gifts.
We went to my parents house later that day to have dinner and hang out. My in laws even went too! So we got to spend the day with our families at the same time. Our families are huge! lol. It was a little crazy but I wouldn't like it any other way.
My mom is so cute! She crocheted all the grandkids hats. All the boys got Despicable Me minions, Amanda's girls got Zebras, and Rachel's girls got Minney Mouse hats. They were adorable!
| Sawyer and Daddy making almost the exact same face! lol |
At the end of the night, I had a chance to sit and think about the real meaning of Christmas, and that's the birth of Christ. After just having Sawyer two months before, I had a new perspective. And that was of his mother, Mary's. I wonder is she knew all that Christ had in store for him in his life? If she really had a clear knowledge of what he would have to go through. He had to suffer so much to account for all of our sins, and as a mother I cringe at the thought of anything hurting my baby.
I have such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and the Atonement. I strive to follow in his example and to have the strength he had. I hope I can teach Sawyer and my future children to do the same.
I also have a testimony of an eternal family. Austin and I have been so blessed to be able to have a child. I am thankful to have been married and sealed in the temple and have Sawyer born into our eternal family. There is nothing better and He is so loved.
I am so grateful for my parents and for my inlaws, Todd and Rona. They do so much for us and They are the perfect grandparents! They have always been there to love and support us. We love them so much! I couldnt ask for any better.
We love Christmas!


No comments:
Post a Comment