I'm Haley and this is my husband Austin... but he wasn't my husband in this picture. This was before I became a Wilkey, so I guess we have some catching up to do!We met a few different times in 2009 but didn't actually start dating until 4th of July, 09. I guess you could say we felt the fireworks! haha! We continued dating for about a year and a half until he finally popped the question on Christmas 2010. I went the whole day thinking he was going to ask me only to be disappointed every moment I thought it was going to happen. It wasn't until right before the night ended that he asked me to kiss him and there was my ring in between his lips! He couldn't have planned it any better.

We were married on May 07, 2011 at 11 am in the Las Vegas, NV LDS Temple. It was so beautiful! The whole day was absolutely perfect. The Temple ceremony is so spiritual and held so much meaning for me and Austin. It is a great blessing to have the Temple to close and that we were able to be sealed for time and all eternity. It's one the most incredible feelings to know that after this earth we will still be together as a family. And that's what we had just become.. a family!
Our parents planned us such a beautiful reception for that evening. It was outside under a ceiling of twinkling lights with purple and blue flowers everywhere... Exactly what I wanted. Our families worked so hard to put it all together and we were so grateful.
Other than the way it looked, the dancing was my favorite part! Austin and I had our first dance to, "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by Lady Antebellum. It was kind of our first chance to spend some time alone that day and we were in complete disbelief that everything we had worked up to was actually happening.. and that was just the beginning.
Ever since then it has almost felt as if we were living in a dream! We honeymooned at the Trump Tower in Las Vegas for two days and then in California for five days. Three of those days in Cali were spent at Disneyland and I'm pretty sure the other two days we didn't leave our hotel room. hehe ;)
When we got home, everything easily fell into place and we quickly adjusted to living with each other. I think it came so easily for us because we had dated for a good while and already knew each others quirks. We didn't have too many surprises... other than we both HATE doing the dishes with a PASSION! But being the awesome hubby that Austin is, he does them most of the time. :D Happy wife = Happy life right?! lol.
Well, we were married for about 9 months when I got pregnant. To say I was baby hungry was an understatement... I was more like baby starved! When anyone else announced they were pregnant, I swear my uterus was cursing me out. I was so jealous! My uterus and I tried to hold out for a year but at 9 months, I think my soon to be womb was yelling at Austin too. We were both ready to have a little minion!

On February 2, 2012 I peed on a stick and it was positive :D I enjoyed the excitement for a couple weeks and then spent the rest of the 5 months literally puking anything and everything I put into my stomach... Not to mention my boobs were killin' me! No fun! I finally got some and hated them!
But what was fun, was hearing the heartbeat for the first time. It was April 18th, 2012 and it was perfect! And such a beautiful miracle.
When we found out it was a boy, we were ecstatic!

We had a boy name already picked out from when we were dating. It was Sawyer Austin (after the "Lost" character and his daddy). It didn't come to be as a surprise that he was a boy, I had a dream before our ultrasound that I gave birth to him in our kitchen. But he wasn't a baby in my dream, he was a toddler and was walking around saying, "mama". lol. As ridiculous as this dream was, he was the most handsome little guy I had ever laid my eyes on.I loved my 6th month, I really enjoyed every second of that month and felt SO cute! But those last few months after were so uncomfortable. I was so ready to just get him out and meet him already!
<3 Haley



No comments:
Post a Comment