Monday, January 28, 2013

Meet Sawyer Austin Wilkey!

It was October 24th, 2012 and we got to the hospital at 6 am ready to have our baby! I was so nervous and already exhausted because I had only gotten 45 minutes of sleep the night before. The nerves had me so wired! So I curled my hair, made sure the house was immaculate, and checked that our hospital bags were packed about a million times! I'm sure Austin thought I was nuts. He seemed so relaxed!
Before we left he gave me a blessing and I knew that the Spirit would be with us and watching over us. It sure helped me calm my nerves and enjoy what was ahead of us.
I felt ginormous! I was so ready to get my baby out and snuggle on him! 
I am so lucky to have Austin as my eternal partner. He stood by my side the entire time and when I got scared  he was the only one I wanted. He knew exactly what to say to calm me and keep me focused. At one point I was stuck at 6 cm and wasn't progressing. The nurse had mentioned that I might need a C-section and that's when I broke down. Austin went to the waiting room where our dads were and asked them to join him by giving me another blessing. My dad was the one to bless me this time. He blessed me to have a safe delivery and that everything would progress the way it was supposed to. I felt so much love from those three men at that moment and I had so much faith that what was said would be true. 
It didn't take long and I was at 10 cm and ready to push! Dr. Groom got there just in time and Sawyer Austin Wilkey was born at 5:59 pm. 
Our first family picture! Even though I look like a wreck, I can't help but LOVE this!
I didn't think it was possible to love Austin any more than I already did...
and then I saw THIS!
Austin is seriously the most handsome guy I have ever laid eyes on, and its not just for his looks. It's everything about him. He is an amazing dad and husband. Sawyer has a strong, loving, giving, and funny dad to look up to! 


By the end of the night, we were both beat. But really, it didn't matter! All we wanted to do is hold  and love on our son! He was so beautiful!
We loved Mountain View Hospital, but that food was disgusting!
I was loving that Sawyer had so much hair! 


My mom made Sawyer the CUTEST hats! This one is one of my favorites. He is our little minion!
When I say that Austin is perfect, he REALLY is! He changed almost all of his diapers and because he offered too. I didn't have to ask at all.
My sister, Amanda, and I switched babies for a little while. lol.
Sawyer meeting his cousin, Jocelyn, for the first time. She was so curious about him and was so sweet!


My Aunt Jean is like a second mom to me and I was so glad that she could be there for me and meet Sawyer. She and my Uncle Greg live in Colorado and I miss them so much!
Granny Ellie is so great with Sawyer. She always asks if she can keep him and take him home. lol!
 Sawyer was able to come home for a night and in the morning we took him to the doctor to check his jaundice levels. They were really high so our little man had to spend a few days in the NICU under the lights. :[ That was the hardest three days of my life! I cried the entire time I wasn't with him. I couldn't wait for him to get better and come home again!








 We were able to take Sawyer out from under the light for about 30 minutes every three hours to feed him and love on him. Even though he was a few days old, he had a silly little personality.


He was so snugly ALL the time! All he wanted to do was sleep. 


Hungry baby!
Happy baby!
After what felt like forever, We were finally able to take our baby boy home!






Sawyer's cousin, Collin, couldn't wait to meet him! He was so excited to have him in the family!
Cody was pretty excited too! These boys are SO cute!
 With Sawyer finally home, it was time to start looking forward to all the holidays coming up! The first one being Halloween :D
Can't wait to share those pictures!
<3 Haley




No comments:

Post a Comment